Updated: Aug 27, 2022
Choosing the right home inspector is just as important as choosing your real estate agent or mortgage lender. How do you choose the right home inspector? Fortunately, we have tips to help you make a decision making and where to begin.
1. Research – Perform a Google search to see what home inspection companies are in your area. Think about staying within your county, city, or town to provide the most relevant search. Identify a few companies and look into their information further.
2. View website and social media – After you have chosen a few companies, research the available information including their website, social media accounts, and online reviews.
3. Talk with your agent – Talk with your agent. Agents typically have an inspector or a list of inspectors they refer clients to. You can use this as a starting point or additional information o help you decide.
4. Contact the inspector – Contacting the inspection company will provide you with important information such as services, prices, and scheduling. Talking with the inspector will also give you a sense of their customer service to see if they’re a good fit for you. As mentioned earlier, real estate agents can help guide you in the direction of inspectors they trust which can be a great resource.
5. Have a backup (or two) – Create a list of 2 to 3 inspection services in case scheduling conflicts arise. Reports can vary for each inspector, having a second opinion is not unusual and can clarify issues.
Purchasing or selling a home is a big decision.Taking the time to choose the right inspection service will benefit you in the long term. Check out Vantage Point Home Inspection Service to make the inspection process the best part of your home buying/selling experience.